Saturday, June 4, 2011

Our Life in a Box!

So, here is the gigantic sea freight container that pulled in out front of our house to load up all of our belongings and ship them across the BIG DRINK!
This is what our living room looked like after everything was wrapped up! We have had a whirlwind of the past week and a half. We got to spend time with our families over the Memorial Day weekend. Mallory and her cousins had a blast cooling off in the baby pool at Pappy and Nana's House! It was so nice to get to see and spend a little time with our family and close friends over the weekend. There were many tearful goodbyes which of course made it difficult to leave. We also left our beloved first furry child behind for the next 2 months while we are in interim living in Milan. I felt like I was leaving a child behind. We know she is in good hands while we are gone, but will miss Kota terribly for the next 2 months.

Eily, Ellison, and Mallory: The bathing beauties!


We have spent the last few days in Virginia wrapping up some loose ends, and staying in a hotel. What I imagined to be a few days of relaxation and going to the hotel pool, and taking leisurely walks around the pond, did not exactly happen. We went to meet my sister Julie for dinner, but an hours worth of traffic later, we missed our window to have dinner with her before her show, so instead, Josh and Mallory literally got to see her for 10 minutes before she had to be at the theater. Josh, Mallory and I had dinner at good ole' Americana Seafood House "Red Lobster" ......I know you are jealous :) After dinner I went to see my sister's play "bobrauschenbergamerica" put on by the Forum Theater in Silver Spring Maryland. The show was fantastic as is anything that features my sister! She played a  much different character than what I am used to seeing. You know besides the "murder urging laptop" "The woman soldier pretending to be a man" and well the "hot sexy lawyer defending Judas Iscariot" She was down home, mostly normal "Susan" in her latest role. The ensemble was well put together, and my usual critical eye left me with no complaints, only great things to say about each actor. This play was fun, entertaining, insightful, and sweet. Go see it!



Mallory and Julie!
 It is hard to believe we are leaving on a flight Sat night! I think I will be in denial until I am in my seat on the airplane...or maybe even until we land in Milan. You really just have to pinch me for me to believe it. Mallory is more ready than ever though. She has been saying for weeks that she is ready to move to Italy. We've had a few tired meltdowns where she pouts that she wants to go home, but I have to remind her that we said bye to our home and we are going to have a new home. She has been such a trooper being dragged from place to place and missing the occasional nap. Her newest saying is "What's her name?" Regardless of the gender of the person, it is always "What's her name?" Needless to say we met Barbara and Linda in the concierge lounge for breakfast and made a businessman's wife question his whereabouts over the phone as Mallory was yapping in the background in an otherwise quiet lounge. What a trip she is!

I am off to bed, not sure I'll get enough sleep tonight, but here's to running on empty!
Ciao,
Libby

1 comment:

  1. But how exciting...2 months in Milan!!! Fashion Capital of the world!!!

    ReplyDelete